Specialties Public Library 14 Public Computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office Color Printing Services Free Wireless Internet Access Copy Machine(s) Meeting Room(s) Available for Public Reservation Credit Cards Accepted for Fee Payment History Established in 1901 The Brightwood Branch has served the residents in the Brightwood community since 1901 and was the 6th public library to open in Indianapolis. The first Brightwood Branch was located at 2435 North Station Street which is just one street west of the current location. The library moved to several other locations along Station Street before being relocated in 1972 to the current address of 2435 North Sherman Drive. In 1996 Brightwood Branch was renovated and expanded to 5,400 square feet, whereby, doubling the size of the original branch. Additions to the branch included two small reading/study rooms and a meeting room with a seating capacity for 50 people. These rooms are available for public use. The Brightwood Branch mission is to enlighten, entertain and empower the community through the dissemination of information and services for all ages. We are committed to excellence in service and life-long learning.